If using Mobile Web (not the app), click HERE
If using the App, click HERE
Having a completed & polished profile makes it easier for members with similar lifestyles and interests to connect with you. Here's how to make sure your profile is looking it's best...
1. Log into your account.
2. Click on the "little man" icon between the bell and the envelope in the black bar across the top of the site.
3. Select "Edit My Profile"
First things first! Put up a profile Photo.
Adding your logo as your profile photo will let members know that your account is being managed by a real person and it looks professional. Simply click the tab that says "Edit My Photo".
- Click "Choose File" to select the image you want to use as your profile photo.
- Once you've selected the image you want to use, it will show in the "Current Photo" box. This is the image others will see when they visit your profile.
- Below the "Current Photo" image, you will see a smaller image. This is the thumbnail image that will be seen on feeds you post in. You can edit which portion of the "Current Photo" is used for your thumbnail by clicking "Edit Thumbnail".
- Use the small squares at the corners of the edit box to make it larger or smaller as you drag it over the image to choose exactly what you want your thumbnail to look like.
- When you have it the way you want it, click "Apply Changes".
- If the image isn't facing the direction you'd like it to face, use the "Rotate Photo" options to flip it to the correct direction.
- Once your "Current Photo" and "Thumbnail" photo are just the way you want it, click "Save Photo".
Next, let's personalize your profile!
Simply click the "About Me" tab. Here, you have many ways to share some info about who you are.
- Enter your current mission. This could be something like, "Providing our customers with excellent customer service".
- Select an age range. You can select all of them to let others know you serve all ages. Or, you can leave this blank.
- List your title or your business name & city as your current or past occupation.
- You can leave the "veteran" status blank.
- Choosing how often you RV is required, so just select "full time"
- You can choose the date your business was established for the "how long you've been RVing" question.
- Since most businesses will not be affiliated with the RVing clubs, you can skip selecting any of those.
- Tell everyone a little bit about your business. It can be short & sweet or a few paragraphs. You can include your physical address, phone numbers, email address, etc.
- If you'd like to add an image to your "About Me" description you can do so like this...
a. Place your cursor where you want your image to appear. Click the "Add Image" icon.
b. Copy the URL address where the image you want to add is located and paste it into the "Source" field. Click your "Tab" key so the dimensions are automatically added. Click "OK".
- In the "Current Travel Plans" area, you may want to add your tagline.
- Since this is a business account, you can skip the Kids and Pets section.
- You have to select at least one interest, so a good one to choose for businesses is "shopping" or "Gold Level Members".
- Use the "Interests" area to add some keywords for your business followed by a comma.
- Add your website, blog, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, and Pinterest URL link.
- Click "Save Changes"
It's time to claim your personalized RVillage URL link!
Simply click the "Account" tab.
Here, you can do the following...
- Some areas may be filled out for you, but you can change them if you need to.
- Next, use the drop-down menu to choose what country you're in.
- Enter the state your business is located in.
- Enter the city your business is located in.
- Here's the fun part! You can choose what your personalized URL address for your RVillage account will be. Enter your business name. If you see the green checkmark, you will know it's available. In the example below, the personalized URL address would be "http://www.rvillage.com/profile/travelingpaws".
- Click "Save Changes".
My Rig tab.
If your business is an RV dealership, maybe you would like to ad a pic of some inventory here. Otherwise, you may want to just add your logo or leave it undone. It's up to you. Simply click the "My Rig" tab.
- If you want to add an image here, click the "Choose File" button to select the image you want to use.
- Once you've chosen the image, you will see the name of the file next to the "Choose File" button.
- If the image isn't facing the right direction, use the "Rotate Photo" drop-down menu to flip it the right direction.
- Once it looks the way you want it, click "Save Changes".
Next up, Groups!
Cick on the "My Groups" tab. If you haven't joined any groups or created a group for your business yet, this area will be blank. No worries! You can find groups to join HERE or create a group for your business HERE.
If you have joined or created a group, this is what you can do in the "Groups" tab...
- You will see the name of the group you've joined or created, the number of members in that group and who leads the group.
- You can click on either the group name or the name of the group leader.
- Below the group info you can check or uncheck options to determine whether the group is shown on your profile and whether you want to receive notificaitons for the group fee and the group topics in the forum.
Some more options!
On the left-hand side of the page, you will see some more options for editing your profile. You can...
- View your profile
- View recent updates
- Manage your notification settings
- Change your password
- See who looked at your profile
- Delete your profile (which would make us really sad)
Once you've got your Profile polished, it will not only look great, but it will reassure members that you run a professional establishment. Here's how a completed profile looks...
Now that you know how to get your profile in tip top shape, head over to the site and get your profile polished by clicking HERE.