If using Mobile Web (not the App), click HERE.
If using the App, click HERE.
TIP: We recommend searching groups to see if a group has already been created for the topic you’re interested in. While it’s certainly okay to have multiple groups about a topic, sometimes having too many groups about one topic can lead to just only one of the groups being active.
Anyone can start a group and it's really easy. Here's how...
1. Log into your account, click “Groups” at the top of the screen, and then select “Create New Group”.
2. This will bring up the Create New Group page.
- Give your group a name.
- Add a brief description of what your group is about.
- If you have a website related to the activity in this group, include it as well.
- Choose a "Group Thumbnail" photo. This will be used as the (small) thumbnail pic others will see beside your group's name when searching for a group to join.
- Choose a "Group Background" photo. This will be used as the cover photo for your group's Home Page.
- Choose a category that best suits your group. The more accurate it is, the more members that will find your group.
- Add a Video Link if there's one you want to display on your group page.
3. Next, you have some decisions to make:
- Decide whether or not you want others to find you using the search function.
- Decide if you want your group's posts to appear on the Home Feed.
- Decide whether or not you want members to be able to invite others.
- Decide if you want to allow others to join your group right away, or if they have to be approved first.
- Decide if you want to receive a notification when new members join your group.
- Decide if you want a forum section in your group and if you want the forum section to be one you already have hosted on another site or if you want to use the one that is built into the site.
- Decide how you want your privacy settings. If you choose "Everyone", then members and non-members of the site can view your group's content. If you choose "Registered Members", then only RVillage members can view your group's content. If you choose "Only Group Members", then only those who have joined your group can view your group's content.
- Decide who can make comments on your group wall.
- Decide who can add photos to your group.
After customizing your group, click “Save Changes”.
Now that your group has been created, you will see your group's Home Page.
- You can change the position of your group's cover photo by clicking on "Reposition" and using your mouse to move it where you would like it to be and clicking "Save Photo".
- You can also click any of the options on the left-hand side of the page to manage your account. (Please visit "Managing Your Group" for an in-depth look at these options).
- Set up and turn on your group's automated welcome message for new members. Click on Welcome Message to customize the template for your group.
- You can use the icons below the group cover photo to go between your "Group Home" (the house icon), your "Group Forum" (the message box icon), your "Group Map (the pin icon), and your group "Get-Togethers" (the people icon).
- You can like, comment, delete or share any group posts on your Home Page
Now that you know how to create a group, click HERE to create your own group.