If using Mobile Web (not the App), click HERE.
If using the App, click HERE.
Hashtags (or the "pound" sign on your phone) are used on our site to help you find other posts, comments & replies about the same topic or keywords and they are easy to use.
Here's how to use them...
1. Log into your account at www.rvillage.com
2. Login using your email address and password, then click "Log Me In".
3. When you create a post, make a comment or reply to a post, use the hashtag (#) symbol before a word, multiple words, or a phrase. Doing this will make your hashtagged words or phrase searchable and clickable by other members. As you type, your hashtagged words or phrase will be highlighted in blue.
4. Once you click the "Share" button your hashtagged words or phrase will be a clickable link. and the "Hashtags" turn blue.
You can find all of the hashtagged words or phrases made in posts, comments, and replies two ways.
1. Click on the hashtagged word within the post, comment or reply.
2. Perform a search for specific hashtags like this...
- Log into your account.
- Click "Search" in the green bar across the top of the site.
- Click on "Search Site"
Either way, you will then be taken to a page where you can see all of the hashtagged words or phrases made within posts, comments, and replies. This will be your "results"
Tips to remember when using hashtags...
- Do not use any spaces between the hashtag and the words or phrases. (#rver)
- Do not use any spaces between the words or phrases within the hashtag (#rvinglife)
- Do not use punctuation at the end of a hashtagged word or phrases. Instead, add a space after the hashtagged word or phrase and then your punctuation. (#lovemycat !)
- Use capital and lower-case letters in a hashtagged word or phrase and it won't alter your results. (#RVingLife or #LoveMyThorMotorCoach)
- Use hashtags to give your post some pizzaz. ("The weekend is almost here! #TGIF", or "Gotta love dogs off leash. #NotReally", or "Used a cheap sewer hose. #NotDoingThatAgain")
- Above all, have fun and use hashtags in posts, groups, blogs and everywhere.
Now that you know how and where to use hashtags, head over to the site and give it a try by clicking HERE.