If using Desktop, click HERE.
If using Mobile Web (Not the App), click HERE.
Hashtags (or the "pound" sign on your phone) are used on our site to help you find other posts, comments & replies about the same topic or keywords and they are easy to use.
Here's how to use them...
1. Log into your account from your App on your mobile device.
2. Click on the "Home Page" button.
2. When you create a post, make a comment or reply to a post, use the hashtag (#) symbol before a word, multiple words, or a phrase. Doing this will make your hashtagged word or phrase searchable and clickable by other members.
Once you click the "Share" button your hashtagged word or phrase will be a clickable link.
You can find all of the hashtagged words or phrases made in posts, comments, and replies two ways.
1. Click on the hashtagged word within the post, comment or reply.
2. Perform a search for specific hashtags like this...
- Log into your account.
- Type in the hashtagged words or phrase you want to find. Remember to make your search term one single word with no spaces, even if the hashtag you are searching for is made up of multiple words.
- Click the yellow "Search" button.
You can also change the parameters of your search by activating the dropdown menus below the text box.
You will then be taken to a page where you can see all of the hashtagged words or phrases made within posts, comments, and replies.
Tips to remember when using hashtags...
- Do not use any spaces between the hashtag and the words or phrases. (#rver)
- Do not use any spaces between the words or phrases within the hashtag (#rvinglife)
- Do not use punctuation at the end of a hashtagged word or phrases. Instead, add a space after the hashtagged word or phrase and then your punctuation. (#lovemycat !)
- Use capital and lower-case letters in a hashtagged word or phrase and it won't alter your results. (#RVingLife or #LoveMyThorMotorCoach)
- Use hashtags to give your post some pizzaz. ("The weekend is almost here! #TGIF", or "Gotta love dogs off leash. #NotReally", or "Used a cheap sewer hose. #NotDoingThatAgain")
- Above all, have fun and use hashtags in posts, groups, blogs and everywhere.
Now that you know how and where to use hashtags, head over to the site and give it a try by clicking HERE.