If using Desktop, click HERE.
If using Mobile Web (not the App), click HERE.
Anyone can start a group and it's really easy. Here's how...
Click "Create a Group".
Fill in all of the fields.
- Give your group a name
- Add a brief description of what your group is about
- Include your email address to properly receive notifications about your group
- If you have a blogsite or website about the activity in this group, include it as well
- Choose a "Group Thumbnail" photo. This will be used as the thumbnail pic others will see beside your group's name when searching for a group to join
- Choose a "Group Background" photo. This will be used as the cover photo for your group's Home Page.
- Choose a category that best suits your group
- Decide whether or not you want others to find you using the search function
- Decide if you want your group's post to appear on the Home Feed.
- Decide whether or not you want members to be able to invite others
- Decide if you want to allow others to join your group right away, or if they have to be approved first
- Decide if you want to receive notification when new members join
- Decide if you want a forum section in your group and if you want the forum section to be one you already have or if you want to use the one that is built into the site
- Decide how you want your privacy settings. If you choose "Everyone", then members and non-members of the site can view your group's content. If you choose "Registered Members", then only members of the site can view your group's content. If you choose "Only Group Members", then only those who have joined your group can view your group's content.
- Decide who can make comments on your group wall
- Decide who can add photos in your group
- And finally, click "Save Changes"
5. Now that you're group has been created, you can share it in your social media outlets.
6. Now you are on your group's feed. Here you can do a number of things. Click on the down arrow beside "Group Navigation" to see all of your options.
- Group Home will always take you back to your group's feed.
- Group Info allows you to see the description of the group.
- Invite Members allows you to invite your friends to join your group.
- Edit Group Details allows you to edit all the info you just entered for your group.
- Manage Members will allow you to approve or disapprove members if you requre members to request membership approval.
- Manage Announcements allows you to create an announcement for your group and will email all the members of your group letting them know an announcement has been made.
- Delete Group allows you to delete a group you've created.
- Promote This Group allows you to promote your group on the site to all of our members.
You can also check or uncheck the notification options to suit your needs and use the social medis buttons to share your group in social media outlets or on the site.
Now that you know how to create a group, click HERE to create your own group.