If using Desktop, click HERE
If using the App, click HERE
Having a completed & polished profile makes it easier for members with similar lifestyles and interests to connect with you. Here's how to make sure your profile is looking it's best...
1. Log into your account.
2. Click on the "little man/profile pic" icon between the bell and the envelope in the black bar across the top of the site.
3. Select "Edit My Profile"
First things first! Put up a profile Photo.
People connect easier with others that have a profile photo. It can be anything from a picture of yourself, your rig or even a sunset. Simply click the tab that says "Edit My Photo".
- Click "Take Photo or Video" or "Photo Library" and take or choose the image you want to use as a profile pic.
- Once you've selected the photo you want to use, it will show in the "Current Photo" box. This is the image others will see when they visit your profile.
- Below the "Current Photo" image, you will see a smaller image. This is the thumbnail image that will be seen on feeds around the site. You can edit which portion of the "Current Photo" is used for your thumbnail by clicking "Edit Thumbnail".
- Use the small squares at the corners of the edit box to make it larger or smaller as you drag it over the image to choose exactly what you want your thumbnail to look like.
- When you have it the way you want it, click "Save Photo".
- If the image isn't facing the direction you'd like it to face, use the "Rotate Photo" options to flip it to the correct direction.
- Once your "Current Photo" and "Thumbnail" photo are just the way you want it, click "Save Photo".
Next, let's personalize your profile!
Simply click the "About Me" tab. Here, you have many ways to share some info about who you are.
- Enter your current mission. This could be anything from "Learning about RVing" to "Enjoying Retirement"
- Select your age range. You can choose more than one if you have a significant other.
- List your current or past occupation. You can use the slash symbol if you have a significant other.
- If you're a veteran, select which branch you served in.
- Choose how often you RV.
- Let everyone know how long you've been RVing.
- Select all of the clubs you belong to. This is an important one because you'll want to find all the other members of your clubs on the site.
- Tell everyone a little bit about yourself. It can be short & sweet or a few paragraphs. Please do not include any identifiable information like your home address, phone numbers, email address, etc. (That's never a good idea)
- If you'd like to add an image to your "About Me" description you can do so like this...
a. Place your cursor where you want your image to appear. Click the "Add Image" icon.
b. Copy the URL address where the image you want to add is located and paste it into the "Source" field. Click your "Tab" key so the dimensions are automatically added. Click "OK".
List your current travel plans. If you won't be traveling anytime soon, you can put something like "Waiting for Spring to hit the road".
- If you have kids, select "yes" and use the drop-down window to tell us a little about them. Doesn't have to be super detailed. Something like "2 kids, 4 grandkids".
- If you have pets, select "yes and use the drop-down window to tell us about them as well.
- Another REALLY important section is your interests. Be sure to select all that apply. You can use these selections later to find other members who also share that interest.
- If you don't see your interest on the list, add it to the "Other Interests" box by typing in the interest followed by a coma.
- Add your website, blog, Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Instagram, and Pinterest URL link.
- Click "Save Changes"
It's time to claim your personalized RVillage URL link!
Simply click the "Edit My Profile" tab, then click "Account".
Here, you can do the following...
- In case you chose the wrong answer for the "Who Are You" section when signing up for a new account, you can now change that to something different if you need to.
- The next few areas may be filled out for you, but you can change them if you need to.
- Next, use the drop-down menu to choose what country you're in.
- Enter your home state or your state of residency if you're a fulltime RVer.
- Enter the city for your town or town of residency if you're a fulltime RVer.
- Here's the fun part! You can choose what your personalized URL address for your RVillage account will be. It can be your name, something you enjoy doing, anything that's not already taken by another member. If you see the green arrow, you will know it's available. In the example below, the personalized URL address would be "http://www.rvillage.com/profile/flutterby". You can share your profile URL with all of your friends. :-)
Now to share some info about your rig!
This is a great way to connect with others who own the same type of rig ad you do. That's a big plus for asking questions about maintenance, repairs and remodels. Simply click on "My Rig" tab.
- Choose whether you own or rent your RV.
- Choose what type of RV you own or rent.
- Type in the make of your RV.
- Type in the model of your RV.
- Type in the year of your RV.
- Type in the type of tow vehicle you have.
- Type in a description of your RV.
- Click the "Choose File" button to select an image of your rig.
- Once you've chosen the image, you will see the name of the file next to the "Choose File" button.
- If the image isn't facing the right direction, use the "Rotate Photo" drop-down menu to flip it the right direction.
- Once it looks the way you want it, click "Save Changes".
Next up, Groups!
Simply click on the "My Groups" tab. If you haven't joined any groups yet, this area will be blank. No worries! You can find groups to join HERE.
If you have joined some groups, this is what you can do in the "Groups" tab...
- You will see the name of the group you've joined, the number of members in that group and who leads the group. If you lead the group, it will say "Manager" after the name of the group.
- You can click on either the group name or the name of the group leader.
- Below the group info you can check or uncheck options to determine whether the group is shown on your profile and whether you want to receive notifications for the group fee and the group topics in the forum.
Some more options!
On the left-hand side of the page, you will see some more options for editing your profile. You can...
- Manage your notification settings
- Change your password
- Delete your profile (which would make us really sad)
Once you've got your Profile polished, it will not only look great, but it will let other members connect with you a lot easier. Here's how a completed profile looks...
Now that you know how to get your profile in tip top shape, head over to the site and get your profile polished by clicking HERE.